February 2, 2015

Jardin de la Mode

Slips, a skirt, a bolero and a twist-top... I've got quite a few items to show you but I haven't got any pictures yet. This past weekend, that pesky cold was still bothering me so I didn't feel like modeling and I only put the finishing touches on the skirt and top today (a button and hemming).
So, I thought I might share some more eye-candy with you: This time images from the French fashion magazine Jardin de la Mode from February 1930.





 There's fashion news,





hats,





new styles for spring, arranged by fabric type,

and gorgeous dresses by Patou,

Lanvin 

and Abernard (never heard of that one...)


and even a section on what the fashionable ladies in Paris are wearing.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I am in love with that mint evening dress and coat. So gorgeous!
    Thank you for sharing!

    Naomi
    teenyboppinalong.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found a little about Abernard here.http://exhibitions.fitnyc.edu/1930s-fashion-blog/tag/augustabernard/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the Lanvin! It's so interesting to see things in colour, quite unusual. Thanks again for sharing.

    ReplyDelete