November 11, 2010

Best thrift store find EVER!

Looking around at the place where I usually find my 1 euro second hand silk shirts, I spotted these:
At first I thought they were fashion magazines, but then I read the red text on the right one, which said: "patronen op radarblad" (=traceble patterns included)
These were sewing magazines. The left one, "Revue de la mode", is French and from winter 1951, the one on the right, "Record", is Dutch and from spring 1952. Both have adorable fashion drawings inside, "Record" also has some photographs and both have an incredibly densely printed pattern sheet (which may just feature each pattern in one size only) included. And no sewing instructions in sight.

I was so thrilled to find these. I've never seen anything like this being sold there. The seller let me have them for just 5 euros. For the two. Isn't that amazing?



11 comments:

  1. Wow, what a cool find! I'd love to see some more photos of these magazines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. terrific.!Are you going to try making them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg they're fantastic! Can you show us more? I'm interested to see what the pattern sheets look like...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh - I'd snap them up too! I'd love to see inside also, such pretty fashion illustrations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is amazing. Congrats on the sweet find.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look simply gorgeous! You are one lucky girl! So jealous. I would love to sneak a few peeks at the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cool! Please give us some peeks into the fashions inside! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a rare find. I would love to have sneak peak at the inside too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure you're going to make some beautiful things from these...

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is sooooo cool!! I was born in 1951!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun! I love those surprising finds at the thrift shop. You could even frame those cover illustrations as they're so pretty.

    ReplyDelete